1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Captivate Random Shut Downs!? Possible Cuase?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mathieas, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Mathieas

Mathieas Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Hey all,

I am on my 2nd captivate and the first had its own series of issues but in a week i never had it shut it self down(though it did randomly restart). This new one after a couple days shut it self off twice today... i noticed it was not untill i turned on the automatic wifi off in Juicedefender... i turned off the Wifi auto shut off and did not have the issue return(I have not tried turing it back on to reproduce the issue). Now i have no proof this is connected... and could simply be luck... what i am asking is for those with this issue are you using juicedefender(ultimate)? and is your Auto wifi on or off?

Jonathan

Advertisement

2. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 21, 2010
  3. Mathieas

Mathieas Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Update: The juicedefender was not the issue. I can however reproduce the auto off by plugging in the phone allowing it to charge to max, unplug it, put it in standby and walk away, 10-30min later its off... after a restart it appears to stay on... i started removing apps, juicedefender, juiceplotter and i disabled task killer... after two charge to full I have not had it shut off yet... I have reenabled task killer(auto still off) and i am giving it another go... for those haveing these power off issues have you had any luck identifying the issue? Are any of you using juiceplotter and/or advanced task killer?

4. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

Jul 23, 2010
    Male
    Sandy Eggo, Ca
    I am using Advanced Task Killer but have experienced these issues at all.

5. Mathieas

Mathieas Newbie
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    I too reenabled Advanced Task Killer and have not had the auto shutdown issue return. Have you tried Juiceplotter? Since i unstalled that app i have not been able to recreate my power down issue.. Is anyone using juiceplotter and not have any auto shutdown issues after a full battery charge?

Jonathan

6. mikaru

mikaru Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    STL
    I ended up having to return mine for an exchange. Mine was so bad that it turned off every single time it went to sleep. I only had it for a day. The only thing i did to mine was root it and remove some AT&T apps, I didnt have time to install anything besides Titanium before it started acting up.

Mike

7. jcylcruzin

jcylcruzin Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    Mine started to shutdown about a couple of weeks ago. it did this daily for about 5 days. after reading a posting on the at&t site, I now dismiss the "fully charged" dialog box before unplugging the usb cable. so far, so good. it's been a week without any more shutdowns -anyone else try this?

8. vksf01

vksf01 Newbie
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    yup, i started dismissing the dialog box a week ago and so far so good, the phone has been staying on all this time

9. brohammer619

brohammer619 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    does anyone know if people with the T-mobile version are having this issue?

10. richierich

richierich Member
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I think it's due to faulty apps. If you notice something funky going on with your phone after you've recently installed an app, uninstall that app.

11. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    In general, it's not app-related as multiple posters have written that their shutdowns occurred with stock phones. Certainly if there is a particular app that's flakey it could cause the problem, but all the threads on this topic - in this and other forums - have never tied the shutdowns to a single app culprit. The solution for many has been to exchange the device. Took me three tries 'til I got a phone that's stable.

12. brohammer619

brohammer619 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    definitely not apps, I just reset my phone to factory default settings, did not download anything, and my phone has shut off twice already today. BS:mad:

13. stephenv1971

stephenv1971 Newbie
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    Mine started shutting off shortly after unsuccessfully trying to copy 2 gigs of music to the internal sd card. I don't know if there is a way to fsck the disk but strongly think that there is a link between a bad internal sd card and the shutdowns.