1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Captivate Rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZVisions, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ZVisions

ZVisions Lurker

I have my Galaxy S SGH-I897 rooted. I would like to put a custom Rom on it. I am not looking for anything wild and crazy, just simple, stable and good battery life.

I have titanium backup installed and want to make sure that I won't lose my contacts if I flash it.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Niche

El Niche Member

What are you running right now? is it GB? There are a few custom ROMs over at XDA which provide good stability as well as battery life although I always thought stock gave me good battery life but it could vary. Also keep in mind that we are now able to put Ice Cream Sandwich on our Cappys (I personally did and found it to be smoother than GB). There is a thread in this section on how to install custom roms. Just make sure you read and understand the process. Most of it is done in ClockworkMod Recovery.

Also, I would recommend for you contacts, backing them up in Google (your google account, you can access thru a normal PC). That way if you get a new phone/lose your phone, you can just sync them up

3. ZVisions

ZVisions Lurker

Thanks for the reply. After going round and round with my phone yesterday, I finally got it done. I ended flashing it with Sparko and I like it so far.

I can't get into the market though, I got in it a couple times. It wanted to update to the newer version of google play, but I canceled it. Now I have neither. Any way to download the google play app, without the market?

4. falcon7204

falcon7204 Newbie

Unfortunately, Google Play is the Android Market.

5. cmilldrummin

cmilldrummin Lurker

Download the newest google apps bundle which includes the newest google play store, and flash after whatever ROM you are using.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews