• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Captivate Root. Need HELP!

zeep92

Lurker
Nov 3, 2011
Okay so a while ago I rooted and flashed my Samsung Captivate with Doc's Master ICS ROM. It was going fine until this morning it wouldn't turn on properly, my first thought was put it in recovery mode and reflash the ROM. It failed to work (it would start turning on and then not load properly). So I rerooted and found another ROM. Serendipity.
SCREWED UP MY PHONE.
Now I can't access recovery mode. It's turned my phone into the galaxy i9000 but without the home/select button I can't use/put my phone into recovery mode.
That would be fine. Except I don't want the ROM when it makes the home button on my phone do nothing. AND I don't have superuser.

I can't do ANYTHING. I can put it into download mode and tried flashing back to stock but it wouldn't do it.

PLEASE HELP.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones