1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Captivate > S2. Experiences?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pkoutoul, Nov 14, 2011.

1. pkoutoul

pkoutoul Member

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Captivate to the S2. I was wondering how many others have made that particular jump and what your experience has been. Overall I like my Captivate and would keep it except for 2 things. First, I am one of those with the intractable GPS flaw that never got fixed despite trying everything. Second, in recent months my Cappy has gotten much slower to the point where the home screen lag is quite noticeable.

I am hoping for a fairly seamless upgrade with a working GPS and a snappy response. And no surprises! Are there any "gotchas" I should be watching for?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. meackerman

meackerman Newbie

I went from a Captivate to an S2. The S2 is better in every way that I've found so far. No regrets. Was using my wife's Captivate yesterday and I was thinking what a little screen...

pkoutoul likes this.
  3. mratlndmrk

mratlndmrk Well-Known Member

Just moved from the Captivate to the GS2 last week and highly recommend it. Everything about this phone is better than the Cappy. I doubled my battery life and can actually use the gps and assorted apps that use gps. I am rooted and running congnition 777.

pkoutoul likes this.
  4. Pepe7698

Pepe7698 Member

I have been using the S2 for a little over 6 weeks now. I loved my Capivate and really had no complaints about it. I am just a gadget lover and couldn't pass up this new version. It is a step up in every way from the Captivate: faster, better battery life, better screen, lighter... impressive in every way. Go for it, you will not be disappointed.

pkoutoul likes this.
  5. seanpr123

seanpr123 Member

++
    Pretty much what everybody has already hit on. It is undeniably an improvement in every-way possible.
    Dooo eeeetttt!

pkoutoul likes this.
  6. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Android Enthusiast

I had a Captivate for a year and upgraded about two weeks ago. Have to say, the phone is slightly larger, the flash is pretty amazing, the camera seems better, the GPS works perfectly in a moving car on a freeway(!!!), and yeah, there's really no lag at all. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited since it wasn't that big a jump, but consider that ICS will change everything in a few months, and your Captivate probably won't be getting the best of that...

pkoutoul likes this.
  7. pkoutoul

pkoutoul Member

Thanks for the replies. ICS doesn't bother me one way or the other. I don't always have to have the latest and greatest, I just want my phone to be as frustration-free and serviceable as possible. Sounds like I won't be disappointed. Heading to Sam's Club on Black Friday!

8. NJR

NJR Well-Known Member

Went from Captivate to S2 and never looked back. FAR superior device, spot on GPS and fast as can be even in 3G. Just don't activate the AP Mobile Widget or if you already did, set it for a 3 hour refresh.

9. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

made the same jump and you wont be disappointed. The S2 is a far better device.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews