1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Captivate screen broken...but not cracked.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BiggaWhat, Aug 31, 2011.

1. BiggaWhat

BiggaWhat Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    So something very strange just happened. My phone was working perfectly fine, everything seemed okay. Put the phone in my pocket, took it out an hour or two later and the screen was no longer working. I didn't drop it or smack it into anything. The best thing I can compare it to would be this: http ://www.flickr.com/photos/elithebearded/2289702416/ (sorry had to put a space after http b/c it wouldn't let me post links)
    although like i said, the screen isn't actually cracked, just the bottom part is blacked out and the top of the screen is strangely colored and patterned. Anyone heard of anything like this happening? Also, I'm still within the 1 year warranty period. Is samsung pretty good about replacing items within the warranty? Sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm in the middle of moving to a new house and things are a bit hectic right now so I'm going to dump all of my troubles onto you :) Thanks

Advertisement

2. lmadr

lmadr Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    I have the same exact issue with my phone. One minute it was working fine, and the next minute the bottom part of the screen was completely black. The top third of the screen was still perfectly normal, and the touchscreen still worked if I could guess where buttons were without seeing them-- so it's clearly a problem with the LED and not the touch function.

I tried to contact Samsung but since it's Sunday night the office is closed. Did you ever find a solution to this issue (warranty, provider service, etc)?