• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate text messages stuck as "sending"

I have had the same problem, mine has been doing it since august 19th. When I send a text with picture it does give me the time stamp, however a normal text message just sits on sending. The strength of my signal doesn't seem to matter. It happens every time, no matter what. It's tough because my wife says she is not receiving some texts while I'm at work where there is a terrible signal, but I have no way of knowing what sends and what doesn't. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. BTW I'm rooted and so is my wife and she does not have this problem on her Captivate.

Upvote 0
Did any of you find a solution to the issue. I really only notice when I have low reception. The time stamp is stuck on "Sending" yet the sms has still been sent. Strangely enough is if I switch my phone off and turn it back on the phone will resend all those texts that were previously stuck on sending. I had the issue on 1.6 and still after the Gingerbread 2.3.3 update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones