1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Captivate took a flush...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evileyez3, Feb 6, 2011.

1. evileyez3

evileyez3 Newbie

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd share my little story with ya'll. The other night I had "used" the bathroom and took a call. The toilet was flushed (thank God) and would you guess... dropped the phone. It was a slow motion scene from a movie. The whole "Noooooooooo.....", SPLASH! Well my right hand took control and dropped into the bowl (again, thank God I had flushed). I grabbed the phone, immediately powered it off, and frantically wiped the water off of it. I then took off the back cover, removed the battery, SIM card, and microSD card. To my surprise nothing was wet inside the cover. There are a few white stickers inside (the Warranty stickers). There's one on the battery, one on the back of the phone (inside), and two on the cover. I was shocked that all of them were still white and unsoiled (no pun here). I wiped off all parts of the phone and dropped it into a zip-loc bag with white rice for 24 hours.

Powered it on today and have yet to have a problem. Too bad Samsung's support doesn't stand up to their hardware.

Just wanted to throw this tidbit out there, being that a few of you have shared your stories with the Captivate "at sea".

I've done the rice treatment with my wife's iPhone after it was discovered to be sitting in wet grass, being rained on for 3 hours. It worked.

Thank you Uncle Ben.... THANK YOU!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

LOL..I sent an old moto through the washmachine and then through the dryer,i shit you not!!! that phone still works today,this was 2003 or 4,,also had a razer,dropped in toilet,called att and got lucky,gave them a sad story fishing and the kid dropped it in the lake,lol,i had no insurance and at the time they didnt offer any on that phone,so i let it dry a day and fired it up worked fine,of course i should had waited longer,lol..so yeah moto is pretty damn good to:D
    phones at sea:cool:,,lol

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

My cousin has had all of her phones take a water ride: toilet, dirty mop water, slushy puddle. You name it her phone fell in it. And she let each one dry and they all worked too. Only one of the phones had a problem a few months later the charging port corroded.

Back in the day when pagers were hot i lost one toward the end of summer couldnt find it any where, come the following summer a friend found a pager by the lake I lost it near, it was mine even had the super hot bungee cord still attached to it. It still worked. That's saying alot considering I was in buffalo, ny at the time and it rains like crazy in the fall and the snow in the winter.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

my brother dropped his blackberry in a lake, we didnt find it for an hour. sat it on a heater for several days and it still worked. Its good to know the captivate my hold up to some water. i know i was at a bama game this year and got stuck in the rain with my captivate in my pocket, i was soaked and so was my pocket but the exterior was the only wet part

5. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Android Enthusiast

I once dropped a brand new nextel in the toilet in a dept store bathroom. All in one motion, I got up flushed, and it fell in as the water was jetting down the drain. As quickly as I could I plunged my hand in and snagged it. I then threw it on the dashboard, turned on the defroster. Worked fine. :)

6. Matfam

Matfam Newbie

The toilet is a good place for anything Nextel...

7. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Android Enthusiast

Agreed. That happened like 10+ years ago

8. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert

:D

(Welcome!)

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews