• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root captivate unroot before official froyo update?

Well shit. I took the plunge and flashed the leaked 2.2 today, did all my backups using TB to my external sd card, etc., but I forgot to unroot. Nothing bad happened, didn't lose any of my apps or data, but now I can't root it again. I figured out that I couldn't use the one-click root for 2.1, so I tried to used the Super One-Click app. It couldn't find the unlock code for the Cap, so I just tried the universal root. It said it worked and was rooted, but when I tried to reinstall Titanium Backup it couldn't access root right.

Everything is fine, but how the hell do I root it now? I've done research, but there seems to be an endless amount of info out there that doesn't really seem to help me. I'm sure I haven't located the right info and it's probably staring me in the face, but if anyone has any clue they can give to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I downloaded the z4Root and was going to try that next. Would that be the right step to take?

As far as 2.2 itself, it's better. GPS locks faster for me, but still has the same accuracy I had before, about 16 feet. It's a little faster too. It's definitely wet my appetite to maybe try a custom ROM, I just need to know how to root it safely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones