• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Captivate upgrade to Froyo with WIFI and Folder Issues

I have an Activate upgraded to Froyo. Since the upgrade I've noticed a couple of problems. 1) A folder I created and populated with shortcuts occasionally will NOT open. When selected it will flash but nothing happens. and 2) I use the WIFI when I'm at home. The router is a Lynksys and the password is set - however, the phone spins on acquiring an IP address and eventually fails and reports the WIFI connection is disabled.

I'm at a loss how to troubleshoot both of these problems and would appreciate some pointers. Thanks for any help.

I have determined the network problem is restricted to the software that captures the IP address during the DHCP session. I've hard coded the IP address on the phone and the WIFI connects fine. However, this is not a resolution of the problem. Why can't the phone dynamically assign an IP address received from a router?

As for the folder bug - I got nothing so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones