1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Captivate USB Drivers Links Here

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maerlim, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jim B

Jim B New Member

Dec 6, 2010

there is a reply somewhere in these threads that says to go to the Samsung UK site. I did this, selected support for the galaxy 5 S and selected downloads. There are two applications, an unistall utility for the Kies drivers and a Kies application plus the user manuals to download. I downloaded the two applications and ran them and my Galaxy will connect with my XP machine. The Kies program is quite interesting and provides a lot of utility. I found though it isn't required once the drivers which come with it are loaded. Now when I plug my phone in to the USB it is recognized as a drive.

www.samsung.com/uk and follow the directions for support when you get there. I also used the rear USB 2.0 port on the motherboard as suggested in another thread in this forum. Good luck.

And I don't understand why people post links to these rather useless driver scanning programs in this forum. Shame on them!

Advertisement

EarlyMon likes this.
  2. AndroidScar

AndroidScar New Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I think where most people have troubles is by not going to the notifications menu and mounting the drive. Here is a link to the instructions.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Good tips - welcome to the forums!

4. FirstForty

FirstForty New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Im a vista 64 user and want to copying CD music from my laptop down to the phone. I have found driver that works (or appears to). Now I see the connection on both sides and have visbility of a drive F and drive G from my laptop. When I look at properties, it shows no available storage. When I try to copy a music file down, a message appears on the laptop saying I need to insert disk intoo drive F etc. I have gone to look at the SD card config and Mount SD card is dark. It does not allow me to change this to Mount. Any ideas?

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Just a reminder that you can always find the link to the USB drivers in the Captivate FAQ:

USB drivers - CapFAQ

And if you forget that link, just go to capfaq.com and search for "usb drivers" ;)

6. budweisman

budweisman New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm a newbie here and was able to find the USB diver for my captivate, looked at my laptop and was able to see my phone and load download the file or photos I need from it. Now I'm trying to tether my phone using a program tether and it says that I need to run the tether application from my phone but I could not find it, anybody knows if I have to load that application or it comes with it or do I need to root my my phone first, any help is greatly appreciated.

7. gadlen

gadlen New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Here is the link to the Samsung US download site. On this page are currently pointers to 2 drivers:
    * Win XP/Vista - Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.5.02.0.2)
    * Win XP/Vista/Windows 7 - SAMSUNG Kies,Others (Software) (ver.11011.4)

Samsung SGH-I897 software download page

These are not direct links to downloadable files. the hope is that you can revisit this page and find updated drivers et all whenever they become available.

I successfully installed each of these. One to a Windows XP Home machine, one to Windows 7. Enjoy.

Android26 and EarlyMon like this.
  8. sharathk

sharathk Active Member

Dec 10, 2010
    my home desktop does recognize it and can transfer files b/n phone and pc.
    but my office PC and my laptop doesn't recognize this device.
    i get "USB Device Not recognized". anyway to fix this?

thanks

9. timbuk2

timbuk2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    I was able to download them for the captivate, but windows warned me not to install them as they could not be verified. Also, it said for a modem driver... I need my windows 7 PC to simply recognize my phone.

10. dapiechocki

dapiechocki New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    It is impossible... I cannot get any drivers to load for this darn phone. Everything worked fine on my old HP 32-bit Win7 machine, but this new Asus U56E 64-bit Win7 pro will just not let it happen. Please tell me someone out there has run into this. I am a developer and need this up and running. I am at my wits end.

Frustrated CAP Owner

11. timbuk2

timbuk2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    The only answer I've gotten was from Samsung and AT&T who both said "yea, there was a bad batch of these phones, you must have gotten one" ... they think they know the problem, until they walk you through it and it doesn't work. Neither of my two captivates are recognized by Windows 7, one using Froyo and the other Gingerbread OS's. One went back for re-conditioning under warranty, the other to the junk yard. The first time I loaded Mini Kies, my phone was upgraded successfully but now will not connect. Before that, I was always able to connect. So it looks to me like it's a driver issue for sure. My computer recognizes everything I plug into it but my Captivate, then it only tells me it doesn't recognize whatever it is I'm trying to plug in.

12. Bla43Timo

Bla43Timo New Member

Apr 25, 2012
    with out the need for root?

13. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Not working for me either...

14. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Miraculously, it worked for me this time--after the umpteenth attempt.

15. Arkham

Arkham Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Apologies with respect to the necrobump, but I wanted to say Thanks, and confirm that these solved my problem with getting XP to recognize my wife's old Captivate.

THANK YOU!

16. Skimo

Skimo Member

Dec 17, 2011
    some how my pc stopped reading my samsung devices, looks like samsung drivers was crashed or stopped working, removed the old samsung drives and reinstalled kies but nothing happened.. then i downloaded and installed samsung drives again from the links above but i got this message if some one can help me please this is frustrating

Attached Files: