1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Captivate WallPaper

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iMTHEFXKiNBEST, May 22, 2011.

1. iMTHEFXKiNBEST

I have realized that the captivate wont allow you to put the whole picture as the wallpaper :( it is really buggin me any suggestions . need help:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast

Resize? Crop?

Not sure what you're asking for here, specifically.

3. Sarius24

Sarius24 Well-Known Member

Huh yes it does. I use whole images a lot of times.

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Pictures taken with the camera or images in the gallery, most of them, need to be cropped so it does not let you use the entire image. I found it rather annoying but I use the zedge app and I can use most of the wallpapers there with the whole image.

5. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Member

I have the same problem. I tried to use some photos I took with my camera (not the phone) and tried a few different resolutions, including what is supposed to be native to the phone and it only allows me to use the top half of the photo, and then when I am on the home screen, it shows even less.

6. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast

Download live wallpapers from the market! Or hd still wallpapers from Flikie or Zedge. I don't think you'd ever use photos you've taken on your phone's camera again as wallpaper. There's also the option of using the native picture frame widget, which is what I do.

7. davep13

davep13 Member

I believe the reason it shows less on the home screen is because Touchwiz has wallpaper scrolling enabled so the wallpaper stretches across all your home screens. I dont think this can be turned off on TW but if you are using a diff launcher I'm pretty sure it can be disabled.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews