1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Captivate Weak Signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sheldor, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Active Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I couldn't help but notice that the signal strength of my new Captivate was kinda weak. Holding it side by side to my brother's iPhone 4 I had three bars (usually 2), while my brother has a full five bars. I know it can be any number of things, but I feel that it's probably something like the GPS, where it needs some sort of fix.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem, or have any ideas of how to fix it.

Advertisement

2. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    You can't really compare the iPhone 4 to the Captivate. Just physically, the iPhone 4's antenna looks to be a lot bigger and "better" (better = lol). So it may be indeed getting a better signal because of that or any other hardware or software difference.

With that said, I have yet to drop a call anywhere while I use my Captivate.

3. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Utah
    What software was he running? < 4.0.1 showed the wrong signal. I had a 3gs and a iP4, the Captivate has much better reception than both iphones.

4. born_fisherman

born_fisherman Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Going by the bars, I do show less bars than my previous phone (Samsung eternity). However, I have not had any issues with dropped calls or someone not hearing me due to the lesser bars shown (even none for that matter).

I would think it's probably a more accurate signal meter than my Eternity and actual better signal as I would constantly lose calls while inside my house - and have not had this problem with the Captivate.