• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help captivate wont power off when hitting power button

when hitting the power putton to turn the phone off, it no longer does so. and then a few minutes later it will show the screen to turn off the phone or use silent mode or flight mode.
then when i hit the power button to turn it back on. nothing happens. i have to plug in the charger to get it to turn on.

anyone got any ideas as to whats going on? it just started this out of the blue today.

Are you talking about hitting the button to make the screen go dark or holding it down to turn off the phone? Mine was acting up when I was out of town this week. I couldn't get the screen to go dark when I hit the button. I changed the screen timeout setting to the lowest because I didn't want the battery draining. At first I thought there was something about the case rubbing it the wrong way. But now it seems like it's working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones