1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Captivate Wont Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by projekt-H, May 17, 2011.

1. projekt-H

projekt-H Lurker

Like the title says, My captivate refuses to take the root. Tried using one-click, and doing it manually. I'm doing this on a mac, but others have so I dont see the hold up here. I get the update.zip on there, or let OCR do its thing, then it will go into recovery like it should, then I go to select update packages and it refuses to install. says something like "E:signature not found installation aborted" So dont know really where else to go from here.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MYFASTANG

MYFASTANG Newbie

Are you running 2.1 or 2.2? Only 2.1 will root with the update.zip file. If you're running 2.2, load the latest drivers from Samsung and root using the superoneclick method. It takes longer to load the drivers than to actually root the phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

NOTE: Not to state the obvious...you did reboot after rooting didnt you?

projekt-H likes this.
  3. projekt-H

projekt-H Lurker

Yes, I did reboot... about 20 times. Well that method wont work on Mac, I try to use Windows 7, and for some reason the device drivers refuse to install properly. 'superoneclick' freezes/doesnt respond every time I use it. This is really just starting to piss me off.

4. Tallsilver

Tallsilver Newbie

Did you get the 64bit drivers for Windows? Also, might want to try a different usb port. Usually the ones on the back of the computer work the best for most folks.

5. MYFASTANG

MYFASTANG Newbie

I had the same issues until I straightened out the drivers on my laptop. After that everything went smoothly. I found the right drivers in this section somewhere. If I can get them I will post the link and that should make your life easier. If you search this section I'm sure you'll find a couple of posts from me expressing the same level of frustration.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/123644-captivate-usb-drivers-links-here.html

6. MYFASTANG

MYFASTANG Newbie

Download - Mono

You need to download this to use superoneclick with a Mac. I found it halfway down on the XDA Developers page I sent you a link for. Hopefully this helps.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews