1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Car audio bad quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mike420, Apr 24, 2011.

1. mike420

mike420 Member
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Hey guys well I have tried several times using my fascinate in my car by hooking it up by auxiliary cord to my headunit (and its not factory its a nice kenwood headunit so the bad quality doesn't come from that) and the sound quality is bad no I mean terrible and I have 2 memphis 12's and I can barely get this phone to make them hit and the overall sound quality is bad I have tried using Pandora, slacker, and I'm running superclean and I've used that audio player but still terrible but I hate to say it but soon as I plug my iphone(which I hate only reason I have is for good audio on car) the sound quality is amazing and how it should be. Someone please tell me y'all have a fix for this I love my fascinate but this is the biggest drawback with it and I wanna use my droid for everything but right now I'm having to use a pos iphone as my audio player. Any help would b greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Member
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Are you using the stock media player? Truly poweramp, you can adjust the equalizer for better play back and if you are rooted find a kernal that supports voodoo sound.

3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    If your using the Samsung Player, when hooked up to the audio out jack be sure to turn on the SRS WOW technology. That always keeps my audio sounded good. I listed to music all the time on mine, no issues on quality. I'm using Superclean 2.9.2 also.

4. superta1

superta1 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    I have no issue playing my music through my fascinate. It plays perfect on my Maxima stock system and it plays very well on my aftermarket stereo on my other car. To be honest the bass hits extremely hard. I use the stock samsung media player and poweramp which both play great. I did have a problem with the cord though not making a good connection before and the bass wouldn't hit at all unless a wiggled the cord.

5. kalel33

kalel33 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Was doing a search and found this thread. I'm using a rooted Mytouch 4G on an Alpine HU with two Alpine amps(one for sub and one for front and rear speakers) and my speakers are all higher end JL audio, with the fronts being component. I use PowerAmp and the audio is horrible with poor dynamic range and low output. I used to have an Ipod Nano that sounded good, as good as you can get with MP3s, but the Android phone is horrible.

Any tips? Tried with and without EQ on PowerAmp and nothing good coming out.

6. kalel33

kalel33 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    I should also point out that MP3s in general sound poor compared to CDs because my system really can show the difference that factory systems can't but my Android phone is much worse than the Nano.

7. mike420

mike420 Member
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    I have the same problem I have a really nice system as well and this phone isn't as good as the ipods what helps this phone ALOT is rooting your phone and putting a rom like the community rom that supports voodoo sound which allows you to make most out of the sound cards in our phone it comes default at -10db and allows u to crank it up to 5db which gives a lot better performance

8. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    Try lowering the media volume on the phone and raising the car audio volume.

9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Hi,

I think your support question will do better in the support section. :) TY!

Steven

10. kalel33

kalel33 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Already running CM7 and I'll take a look into your suggestion.

11. kalel33

kalel33 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Done that and tried tweeking the preamp output but they all sound very poor.

12. mumblin2myself

None

Apr 8, 2010
    Attorney of sorts
    Actually, I think the opposite of this will be helpful. When using my desk dock, there are tons of pops, hisses, and whistles when the phone media volume is turned down too low; once it's up higher they go away.

13. kirotank

kirotank Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    On a similar note, I just started running the CM7 ROM with ADB and can't figure out how to output audio from the car dock to USB. No audio/speaker select like there was on stock. Anyone??

14. lferrante

lferrante Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    I just got an Atrix 2 and I can confirm it's terrible compared to the iPod as well.

UGH