• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car audio question..

SDotNY

May 7, 2010
NY
Quick question that probably has a simple answer..

When I hook up this phone via the audio jack it repeatedly asks for voice commands instead of just going into playing some music.. anyone know of any setting to maybe disable this or some way to correct it?

Quick question that probably has a simple answer..

When I hook up this phone via the audio jack it repeatedly asks for voice commands instead of just going into playing some music.. anyone know of any setting to maybe disable this or some way to correct it?

There is another thread that talks about this. I found that it had to do with the auxiliary cable I was using. Try a different one. I used one by the same manufacturer and it worked. It has to do with the rings around the tip of the connection.

Upvote 0
Yeah, sounds like I'm having a similar experince as the two of you. Pretty annoying... For me, it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it'll play music fine, but it's when it switches over to the headset that the voice command prompt comes up and things go haywire. I thought it might have been my nav sending commands through the jack, but I guess not.

Poster above mentioned something about the ring around the rings on the connection. Maybe a little tape around one of the rings will break the connection and solve the issue. My regular earbuds work fine and without issue, so it must be something about the car...

Upvote 0
Hi everyone:

I'm new to the site and have a burning question/problem.

I have a new Sammy Fascinate and I'm trying to use the USB connection to my Pioneer AVIC-U310BT as I did with my iPhone.

When I connect it, as I read in an earlier post, it waits about 4-8 seconds and the music starts playing, but I can't pick what song I want to play or in what order, or choose a specific playlist. What it seems to do is play every song on the phone in random order.

My question is if there is a way to control from the phone, or at least control what is played via the phone. I use Winamp app for my music. FYI when I try to access the phone's music apps (I've tried the native and several other apps), I only get that the SD card is busy or locked and can't do anything. Is there a way around this so that I can get the same funcitonality as I had with the USB connection with this iPhone?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones