1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Car Bluetooth Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scootter, May 5, 2014.

1. scootter

scootter Lurker
    None

May 5, 2014
    Hello. I recently bought an S5, and am having bluetooth connectivity issues with my Lexus. I previously had an S3, and it was an easy hook up, and it worked flawlessly. While I successfully paired the new phone with the car, I can no longer get text notifications through the car, and also the phone and media (music) disconnect and reconnect constantly (every few minutes), making them basically unusable. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Brief searching on the internet has lead me to believe the phone is likely not compatible, at this point, with my car. Additionally, I know there are third party programs available for download that allow bluetooth devices to connect, and wonder if this might fix the problem if nothing else works. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. shiner-bock-beer

None

Feb 6, 2010
    Sales
    Cave Creek, AZ
    I'm having a similar problem with my F150 Using Ford Sync. It connects easily but after a few minutes states that Bluetooth share has quit working. I can reconnect it manually but it does it again.

I have my Samsung Note tablet installed in the truck and have it set up for media and the phone for calls. I haven't tried to see if the issue persists when the phone is both calls/media.

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    There are at least 2 or 3 more threads on this same topic.

As of now, I am not aware of a fix.

4. shiner-bock-beer

None

Feb 6, 2010
    Sales
    Cave Creek, AZ
    This issue seems to happen when sending/receiving text messages. I use Handcent.

I downloaded Bluetooth Auto Connect from the Google store. Although it keeps disconnecting, the app keeps reconnecting it as quickly as it happens.

This is a serious issue. If it continues, I'll return the damned thing for the Note 2 and pitch a fit in a few months to get the Note 3.

5. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Male
    San Francisco
    Experiencing this when sending text with Handcent and Chomp. Not when using Samsung's messaging app, though. Hmmmm.....

6. alsakka

alsakka Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2014
    Just file complaint with FCC against your carrier for a full refund. Thats what I did. The carriers and Samsung need to acknowledge the problem and fix it and stop screwing us over and over again. its very easy to do. its electronic and you only have to fill out one page. ask for the full price you paid for the phone. just google FCC complaint and go from there.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.