• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Bluetooth with multiple apps

vnc555

Lurker
Dec 3, 2012
I have several apps that can stream music over bluetooth to car audio system automatically - Pandora, PowerAmp, BeyondPod etc.
The problem is that they seem to conflict over BT connection.
Is there a way to select what media app will respond to BT connection and controls?
The phone is Note 2, Android 4.1.1.

I had this same issue for the past couple of years, but I recently found what I think is the perfect solution. I use a combination of the Media Buttons widget and the Media Button Router app. On my lock screen (using WidgetLocker) or on the home screen, I add Media Button widgets for previous, play/pause, and next, and these can operate any music player app that responds to Bluetooth controls. Then I install Media Button Router, which listens for a Bluetooth "Play" signal and pops up a list of available music player apps for you to select. So when I click the "Play" widget, I get a list of apps and I can choose whichever one I want to control for that session. Beautiful.

I have tested this with the following apps and it works great:
  • Google Music Play
  • Spotify
  • Pandora
  • MortPlayer Audio Books

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones