• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car charger and listening to music

pk1209

May 1, 2010
Hi all,

My car charger for my desire can only be described as "cheap" but it works and that's all that matters to me!

However, I listen to quite a lot of music using the desire in the car using an aux stereo socket, and I've noticed that when I have the charger plugged in and listening to music i get a hissing sound through the speakers.

I can't imagine this is normal - think i need to get a better charger, can anyone recommend one they know to work in this scenario?

Cheers,

pk

PS: just finished modding a spare set of desire earphones, so now i have the inline remote wired into the my aux connection meaning i can use it to skip, pause etc while driving :)

Pretty easy - get a female stereo jack connector and strip the wires off.. should be two for each speaker a ground and a live.

Then, with the spare set of desire earphones, took apart the ear piece so I could get to where the wire were soldered on to the speaker - then using a soldering iron I un-soldered the earphone wire from the speaker, and soldered it to my female stereo jack wire - repeat for each wire.

As i was doing it - i had music playing and headphones connected to the female stereo jack, and holding the wires against the soldered in wires of the earphones i could work out which wire should connect with what as the sound would come on in the headphones.

You have to solder, as the earphones wires have some kind of shielding which means if you just twist them together it won't work...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones