• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Charger / FM Transmitter for Droid

billlava

Lurker
Oct 1, 2009
Hey everyone, I'm looking to pick up a car charger / FM transmitter setup for using my Droid in the car and playing music through the car speakers. I found two seemingly similar products on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Accessory Power FlexSmart Car Mount System for SmartPhones - Cutting Edge FM Transmitter and Charger with DC Surge Protection and Stabilized Flex-Neck: Electronics

and

Amazon.com: Accessory Power FlexSmart Car Mount System for MOTOROLA DROID SmartPhones - Cutting Edge FM Transmitter and Charger with DC Surge Protection and Stabilized Flex-Neck: Electronics

They look the same to me (just one is $10 cheaper!) so I thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with this device. How does it charge the phone? Is there a micro USB connector inside the dock, or do you have to use your own cord? Any other perspectives you can offer on these devices, or any other devices that would charge and do FM transmitting at the same time will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't tried either of these options but I'd be curious to hear an answer as well. I tried to different FM Transmitters with USB charging and they both will not charge and transmit at the same time, is this a problem with the Droid or with the transmitter? One was a Griffen and the other a Belkin, the Griffen did both about 50% of the time and the Belkin shuts off when you plug in USB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones