1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Car Charger Issue!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dannysmith43, Feb 5, 2011.

1. dannysmith43

dannysmith43 Lurker

Hi!
    I recently purchased a car charger from eBay - it's a mount and charger in one - perfect for my focus! I was dubious that it wouldn't charger my phone and appear as a "USB" charge when plugged in but was pleased to find that it was recognised as "AC".

So all good? No, the phone still loses charge despite appearing as an "AC" charger...gutted! I thought that if the charger was seen as "AC" it would use the full 1A - pulled out the fuse in the tip and found that it was "1A" fuse!! So why no good?

Oddly enough, I have just plugged a USB multi sync cable with the MicroUSB head into my laptop and it say's "AC" still - no I'm really confused!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Android Enthusiast

Its probably drawing slightly more than 500ma but significantly less than 1000ma. My suggestion - and what I did - is to ditch the cheap chargers and go with a genuine HTC one. You'll be glad you did in the long run :)

3. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

I have this kit
    HTC Desire Car Pack

The charger has 500mA on the sticker but I can use navigation and poweramp while the battery increases it's charge. The holder is rock solid too.

4. AndrewTighe

AndrewTighe Newbie

I had a cheap car charger which just eventually broke. Spent

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews