• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories car charger question

Only speculative BS in my opinion :) It's just like leaving it plugged into a computer charging indefinitely.

Exactly, and my phone is attached me my computer at lest 6+ hour everyday :) as I use it to tether :)

My battery also seems to be fine, when i'm out and about, always goes down like 10 % in 30 mins, but after that stables out and lasts the day :)

Upvote 0
Once this phone reaches 100% capacity, it shuts down power from the charger and goes back to battery. This is the root of the "charging bug" people refer to.

You can leave it plugged in all you want. I'm going to test a theory one day. Leave it plugged in and wear the hell out of it until it dies from no power, and watch the light finally switch back to amber. Or, see if there's a threshold (like 80% or something) where it turns the charging current back on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones