1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Car charger slow?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dm88, Aug 22, 2012.

1. dm88

dm88 Member

I used the Razr Maxx for the first time as a GPS on a 3 hour trip. When the battery was down to 70%, I thought I'd plug in the car charger (the Motorola one) and figured it would charge the battery but it just kept it around 70%. Is that normal for it to draw more power than the charger provides or is something else going on here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kabeeo

Kabeeo Lurker

Not in my experience. Actually the car charger that I have (says Verizon on it) tends to charge very fast and will usually outpace whatever else I'm doing.

3. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

Same here. You may have a defective charger. Look at the specification and see what the amperage output it has.

4. seVer

seVer Android Expert

when you say you plugged in the Motorola car charger, exactly what does that mean? to my knowledge, Motorola doesnt have a car charger. I'm happy to stand corrected...

if you are using the Motorola usb cable, and a usb cig-adapter, it's possible the adapter isn't putting off enough juice. I bought Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro and it works perfectly. I ran Pandora and Maps for about 3 hours straight without any loss of charge. It either kept the charge stable, or maybe increased a little bit.

Podivin likes this.
  5. emmzone22

emmzone22 Well-Known Member

I have a Motorola car charger that I bought new about 2 months ago. Works just fine.

6. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

I'm not an electrical engineer, by any stretch, but I suspect that the Maxx seems to charge slowly due to the extra large capacity battery it has...It would logically take more time to raise the Maxx's battery from 40% to 50% than the Razr from 40% to 50%.

I bet if someone had both the Razr and the Razr Maxx to compare on the same charger, it would prove (or disprove) my point...not that it really matters! LOL

7. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

Check under about phone and see if it's charging via usb or ac. Usb can't put the same amount of power as an ac charger. Some car chargers are usb, mine shows up as ac and haven't had problem.

8. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Thanks for the suggestion SeVer, I just ordered on of the PowerJolts.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews