1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Car charger

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by lillygirl7, Jun 24, 2010.

1. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Female
    I have a car charger for my EVO, but it doesn't charge it just gives it power? WTH? Do I need a special micro usb? Plus why is the wall charger so short? Kind of lame in my book. Everything else so far I absolutely love. Just switched from VZW BB bold to the Sprint EVO 4g Hopefully the service won't be too bad. I have 30 days though to decide!

Advertisement

2. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Software Developer
    On the sofa
    Is it an HTC car charger or unbranded?

Some people have found the same issue with the Nexus One using unbranded car chargers - I bought a (more expensive than unbranded) HTC car charger for mine and it does charge correctly even when running battery heavy apps (eg CoPilot SatNav + bluetooth headset).

3. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Garstang, NW, UK.
    I bought the cheapest unbranded charger I could for my desire and it works just fine.

4. Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs New Member

Jun 24, 2010
  5. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Palm Pre uses more power to charge, use that.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    OEM or aftermarket? How many mA does it supply? If it's around 500 you're just trickle charging. Aim for 1000mA/1A.

If it's like the Droid's wall charger (2 piece) you can just get a longer micro USB cable if you need it.

7. Astridax93

Astridax93 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Good god, you gave me a scare then. I thought you were actually Steve Jobs, I was like... What the hell is he doing on an android forum, I hope he doesn't send the mafia because I insulted his product, and his father and his father's father :D.

8. JODmeister

JODmeister Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I use my Garmin SatNav charger.....works a treat.

JOD.

9. mcatdtDROID

May 9, 2010
    I have an emergency charger that charges VERY slowly.... so slowly in fact, that I can still actually kill my battery off while it's charging... haha weirdest damn thing I've seen. I use it at work at my desk, and leave my stock charger, that powers up like a champ, at home.

Either way, not all chargers are created equal and aren't always based on prices of said chargers.

10. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Female
    Thank you everyone!