• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Charger?

Most (especially Smart) Phones use Li-Ion batteries that are drained at 3.7v.

This means that virtually any Mini-USB charger which charges at 4-5V is perfect. Some will be for a Blackberry or a HTC Hero, or whatever other Mini-USB device that uses a li-ion battery, but it will work JUST FINE with the Eris. I even use the car charger I got from a wireless Bluetooth headset that is Mini-USB. Works perfectly.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah, I share the charger for my TomTom just fine

Again - any charger with a MiniUSB output should work just fine. There is a standard manufacturers are required to meet when using any USB format, meaning they should all put out the same voltage

Notice, though, the word "should" throughout my statement. As we all know, some folks (including manufacturers) believe rules are for everyone but them. Use caution going too cheap or off the beaten path

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones