• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Car Cradle

I'm using EB01 leak with SuperClean 2.0.
i Just picked up the samsung car dock. very nice that you can play through the usb.
one thing, i usually use Pandora. is there any way to put a Pandora icon in the car cradle app, or have the music icon open pandora?

Which app are you using to play music through USB? Mine isn't working.

I think the app has to be customized (?) to allow the music to play through USB. Custom Car Cradle apps are available, but I've experienced issues getting the Samsung to work properly with SC2.2V (get FC's and 'No activity found: music' when using the car dock). :(

Upvote 0
I'm not getting any FC's, but i do have no activities found for music, and i was wondering how to fix that.
what you need to do is open up the car cradle, and hit the speaker icon to turn sound off, then it will play through the usb. so since i use pandora, i have to open the cradle app, then hit home, then click on my pandora widget. now if i can only configure a music activity.

Upvote 0
I'm not getting any FC's, but i do have no activities found for music, and i was wondering how to fix that.
what you need to do is open up the car cradle, and hit the speaker icon to turn sound off, then it will play through the usb. so since i use pandora, i have to open the cradle app, then hit home, then click on my pandora widget. now if i can only configure a music activity.

Eppo120,
Have you tried to use the phone with the USB enabled? Do phone conversations go through the speakers and are people able to hear you during the conversations?
Speed...

Upvote 0

I just retried and am no longer getting the FC's (??) but I discovered something else in the settings with EB01 which may have been interfering with sound through USB: If you go into Settings, USB Settings there's a new option: Media Player. I have mine set to 'Ask on Connection' and will try it a little later on this afternoon. :)

Upvote 0
If the usb media player setting does what i think it would. is there a way to have Pandora load when i put the phone in the dock instead of Car cradle?

In order to have that work, I believe Pandora would have to be modified so it was recognized as a valid car dock application. You may want to look at Car Dock Home v3. Car Dock Home allows you to customize the homescreen when using your car dock.

Upvote 0
Looks like the issue with music playing thru the USB was user errorOddly enough, even though I set it to 'ask on connection', it didn't prompt when I plugged in this afternoon. It played thru the USB though!

I am still seeing FC's when the Car Dock app runs, although it appears to be some supporting software that's causing the issue because the dock app still shows up.

Upvote 0
I saw there were a few that you can use. the one i tried is Custom car home. i only played with it for a minute or two, i was on my way back from work. it didnt play out of the USB so i just went back to what i knew worked. hopefully this setting works.

More testing now that I'm home - apparently you MUST use the Samsung Car Cradle in order to get sound via USB. With any luck, one of the talented developers can identify the code necessary to modify the Car Cradle's activities and provide some ability to link it to an existing music player. In the short term, you can run the car cradle app, hit home to start your music player, and it will play through USB.

Upvote 0
Very cool!
thank you for your help. i was reading that thread, and noticed that you went in and decompiled the program. i would definitly like to get into this a lot deeper, that way i could make these types of modifications on my own.
would you be able to give me a good place to start? or what do you use to decompile the programs?
thanks

Upvote 0
Very cool!
thank you for your help. i was reading that thread, and noticed that you went in and decompiled the program. i would definitly like to get into this a lot deeper, that way i could make these types of modifications on my own.
would you be able to give me a good place to start? or what do you use to decompile the programs?
thanks

In short: I used Google ;)

.apk files are just .zip files that have been renamed. You rename the .apk to .zip and then you can look inside them.

From there, you need dex2jar to convert the dex files to a readable jar format. Once that's done, you use jdgui to view the class files. If you've done any of your own programming, the class files actually do make some sense. :)

Upvote 0
Do you need the car dock to play music via USB out, or can you hook the USB cable up to a USB port on your stereo to play the music?

Ie, my brother's car has a USB port connected to his stereo. When he connects the ipod via the USB port, it both charges his ipod and allows him to control the ipod and play the ipod's music through his stereo.

So would I be able to connect by Fascinate via the supplied USB charging cable to my brother's car stereo and play the music through the car stereo?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones