1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Car Dock/Charger Solutions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kylecummins, Jan 2, 2012.

1. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Union Member
    Canada
    Originally intended to buy the OEM Samsung 3 Pin dock from Bell but when I looked into it further its 84.00, seems a little steep to me so I'm looking at some other options for my GN while in motion.

http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-Universal-Lighter-Socket-Smartphones/dp/B00343295O

I'm guessing any MicroUSB cigeratte lighter/mount will work with my phone assuming the phone will fit in the mount, does anyone know if there will be a 3 pin cigarette lighter option? The 3 pin charging system is new to me and I'm not familiar with previous nexus offerings.

I came from the Motorola Atrix w/ the OEM Car dock that had a cigarette lighter plug-in and the dongle to plug into AUX port on my jeeps deck and play my GPS, Music, etc. However with the nexus I won't be doing the music (bought an 8gb sony mp3 player for 50$ on boxing day) as I don't want to fill my phones memory with music (or use googlemusic very often). Mostly just looking for a charging option and a dock to keep the phone sturdy during travel.

Anyone with some insight/reviews on some options that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Union Member
    Canada
  3. Jay3

Jay3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    I'm still waiting for a 3 pin dock that will charge in the car, and also have an intregral plug for the sound to go to my radio. I want to be able to just plop my phone in the dock in one step (no wires) and have it charge and feed into the stereo.

Still haven't seen one for sale yet that I'm sure will work.

Tags: