1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Car Dock - Detect BT and USB

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sanosuke, Jan 18, 2014.

1. sanosuke

sanosuke Newbie
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Hi folks,

I have a mount for my phone in my car. Every time I get in my car my phone connects to my BT for audio.

What I want to do is have a tasker profile that detects when the phone is both connected to BT and has USB plugged in, then turn my brightness up all the way, keep the screen on, and launch an app (sony appremote). I thought this would be relatively easy, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

At this point I have 2 states defined, "USB Connected" and "BT connected" (specifying name of BT device that is my stereo). When I start my car and plug the phone in with tasker running it doesn't activate the profile. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with doing something similar.

Thanks,
    Sano

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    You want to use the Power: USB state instead of USB Connected.

(The latter refers to a USB file system connection, like if you connect the phone to your computer. I imagine you're just looking for power instead.)

D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    I have a very similar profile set up to turn up the brightness when plugged in with BT on. I use "Power AC" and "BT On" to activate it.
    To keep the display on I have the timeout set to 12 hours. Setting the timeout to never didn't work, at least not on my phone. Although it didn't turn off completely it would still dim after 30 seconds of inactivity.