• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Car Dock Icon Even When Removed

Eryl Flynn

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
I recently flashed to 595 and the car dock icon once I put it in the dock only goes away on a reboot. I so far can't even find what process is driving it as I killed the ones named dock. I have also since added in a no dock and set it as my default and still does it.

Any one have any ideas why it is staying there and how to get rid of it?

Haven't had the car dock icon stay on, but I have had some issues that relate to the car dock since I flashed to GB. When I put it in the car dock I close the dock application, plug in 3.5mm jack to my stereo and run pandora. If I remove the 3.5mm jack, before I remove phone from the dock, the phone will have the headset/speaker icon in the notification panel. The only way to get rid of it is make a call and turn off speaker on the dial pad. Strange?

Upvote 0
Haven't had the car dock icon stay on, but I have had some issues that relate to the car dock since I flashed to GB. When I put it in the car dock I close the dock application, plug in 3.5mm jack to my stereo and run pandora. If I remove the 3.5mm jack, before I remove phone from the dock, the phone will have the headset/speaker icon in the notification panel. The only way to get rid of it is make a call and turn off speaker on the dial pad. Strange?

Exactly the same issue I'm having. Annoying.

Upvote 0
your lucky in this situation when i plug my phone into my stereo to run Pandora or Poweramp my phone bootloops i have a thread on this in the support forum but no responses yet

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue with poweramp. The damn screen would turn off while it was in the dock and my phone would power cycle. What I did to stop this from happening is I went into the settings for Poweramp and told it to always keep the screen on when it was in the dock.

Now my situation is a little different because I got to Poweramp by first starting my navigation app (Carhome ultra) and clicking on the shortcut for Poweramp I made there so I also had to tell Carhome to always keep the screen on when in the dock.

Give that a try and see if it fixes your issues. After all, you have it connected to a power source in the car so who cares if the screen is alway on. OP, do you have Titanium Backup on your phone? If you do then go in and freeze the car dock app. This may stop your trouble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones