• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car Dock mode doesnt contain all songs?

Yeah I still can't figure it out. I guess I will just use the music app so i can actually select the songs that I want.

As far as I can tell you have to select the songs or play list in the music app.
Kind of defeats the purpose of making it easy to operate while driving.

Like I said though I generally use Pandora anyway but you could assign the music player to a botton and that would let us play songs and select the music.

Upvote 0
@Piiman I had to figure out the playing of unwanted things like voicemail as well: Add a file named .nomedia to any folder that contains music/pics/vids that you do not want your players to pick up on.

I also get ~6 songs out of my collection when in car dock mode. I don't always want to listen to pandora. I will try the create playlist in regular music player theory tonight.

Upvote 0
I've got a Droid 2, but it's the same issue there -- I have to first select music in the regular Music Player (whether it's a playlist, a shuffle of all songs, by artist, etc.), and it'll continue playing that within the Car Dock music player. Really wish the music player in the car dock was more full-featured, might look into some other car dock apps to replace it if there's anything reliable.

Upvote 0
Where this is most unacceptable is where you've got, like, a bunch of classical albums, each with one or more complete symphony. So you drop the droid in the car dock and it plays, say, the first movement of the "Eroica," followed by the fourth movement of the Ninth.

Tacky.

Could you make a Marketplace player app run off the big buttons on the car dock GUI without being an uberhacker?

Upvote 0
I answered my own question, thanks to whoever it was above who recommended just downloading an alternative player.

Based on people's comments in the marketplace. there are any number of players that suck; however, it looked like "Player Pro" was worth a try, and so far, it appears to be a good choice.

WRT making it accessible from the Car Doc UI, that turned out to be simple, if unintuitive:

If you touch the "menu" key with the Car Dock app running, you are presented with a few choices, one of which is "Custom." Touching that brings up a list of every app you have installed. Whatever app you select then becomes the app invoked by the middle fat button on one of the rows on the Car Dock GUI.

That's the only thing you can change; it's undocumented (as far as I can tell), but there it is.

Upvote 0
This gets more perverse as it develops.

Pro Player ignores track numbers and plays tracks alphabetically. (I can't find a way to make it do anything else.

This is a minor annoyance on albums like Creedence's "Chronicles," on which the tracks are sequenced by release date, so you could, if you wanted to, dig Fogarty's musical maturation. (Yeah, right.)

But I've got this other disc with Beethoven's fifth and sixth symphonies on it, and the movements are all named, like, "Allegro (4 or 5 times)," Allegretto, and "Allegretto con molto vivace." The resulting alphabetical shuffle is actually somewhat amusing in a P.D.Q. Bach sort of way, but the joke gets stale fast.

I may have to throw in the towel and rename the tracks with leading numerals (without the brackets] on the albums where sequence is important. (I don't really need for "Susie Q" to come first.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones