• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car Dock My Location Question

pirahna

Nov 14, 2009
I like to use My Location when using the car dock when driving in traffic, the traffic updates are great. But it drives me nuts that it is always facing north. Is there a way to get it to rotate with the direction the car is going? My old Droid did this.

I like to use My Location when using the car dock when driving in traffic, the traffic updates are great. But it drives me nuts that it is always facing north. Is there a way to get it to rotate with the direction the car is going? My old Droid did this.

"Driving" me nuts also. I used my Garmin like crazy in the Phoenix area as we do a lot of driving. So I was really disappointed that the DX view would not switch.

I have started using NAVigate, either from the car dock or as an app. At least it rotates so that the view is always what is in front of the car. My only complaint with NAV is I cannot get rid of the Destination AND Notification bars. It would be great to have the entire screen.

By the way, my wife's Droid with 2.2 does the same thing re: My Location, Google Maps and NAV.

Al

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones