1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GrenadeTech, Apr 10, 2010.

1. GrenadeTech

GrenadeTech Member

Advertisement

Hook likes this.
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Florida
    nice review.

thats a pretty sweet text convo between you and your mom. lol jk

3. GrenadeTech

GrenadeTech Member

Thanks, nothing like grilled cheese and tomato soup. 720p video review is now up.

4. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Verizon repair tech
  5. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Video review would have been better without the music! Had to turn the sound off. Dock looks good though, sadly I don't think it's really optional as the battery gets drained even when being fed power through USB, the USB port can't take enough power to overcome the draw of the GPS and screen so the dock looks like it's necessary for long trips. Shame I've got 4 cars!

6. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Hmm, I've just been playing with charging leads and a battery graphing app, the app tells me if I'm charging off USB or AC, and when plugged into the same USB port, one lead says "USB" the other says "AC" and the charging rates are much faster when the phone thinks it's on AC. Looks like the phone restricts its current draw when it thinks it's on USB so I'll see if the "AC" lead permits the phone to draw enough current to overcome the current draw of the navigation apps. Both leads are recharge-only leads, i.e. not sync cables, so must be some difference between the wiring in there somewhere, e.g. data pulled high or low.

7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I just can't bring myself to like the look of the dock. Think I'll stick with the Brodit one for now.

Tags: