1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Car Dock with Protective Case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mann, Aug 26, 2010.

1. mann

mann New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    I have a Droid with protective case...is there any car dock that works with the case? I got a Droid 2 car dock based on the recent video and it does not work with the protective case.

I have the protective case that Verizon sells with the criss-cross pattern on it. I don't see any other markings to identify it more clearly.

I need a solution where I can dock the Droid in the car (with power to the Droid) while still in the case. Does anyone know of a combination that works?

I searched the forums but could not find an answer to this specific request.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. NHARRISON1969

NHARRISON1969 Active Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I have the same issue. I was going to check out a universal dock (you can get them at Walmart, etc.) and see if I can get that to work given that we now have 270 degree rotation and just use the "car home" icon to enter car mode.

3. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Retired educator
    Full-time traveler
    The Seidio line has many options. Their Innocase fits their car and desk dock. Car dock a bit expensive. I have the desk dock and love it with my Innocase. There are other threads about this subject.

4. csdonotcross

csdonotcross New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I have the Seido dock for my Motorola Droid and it has some issues. When the phone/dock gets hot from being on the windshield, it stops charging the phone. If you are using google maps/navigation and not paying attention to your phone for it stopping charging, your battery will depleted. I have to take the phone out of the charger and hold it in front of the a/c vent to cool it off and then put it back in the charger. Sometimes it will start charging again and sometimes not. I wish it didn't have this issue because I love it otherwise. I like being able to have their case on it. My husband likes the Motorola dock but he can't have a case on his phone because of it. I'm too rough on phones for that.