• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories car dock

so noo announcement on car dock for Evo yet? i'm getting tired of waiting i finally decide to keep this device as my daily driver so i have everything besides a car dok i saw this ones online, should i get it? or any recommendations?

btw i'm looking for winshield mount

I read something that said beginning of September for the car dock. This is where Motorola blows the other manufacturers out of the water - when they release a device they have all the accessories available as well. Definitely a missed profit opportunity for HTC.

Upvote 0
So after coming back from a long trip I thought I should cone back to the forums and talked about my experience about the Arkon phone cradle, first of all is not as big as it looks lol. I thought it was going to be huge, and second of all really fast shipment. I had it for five days and use it in a Nissan altima 07 and lexus RX 03 , medium sizes cars and windshield mount is FTW very reliable and hold the phone tight enough even space to connect the charger , not problems to move it from one car to another it sticks really good and suction cup works better then I thought I think you guys can get good use of this if you drive a lot and use the phone as a navigation tool, well thats my opinion...

Upvote 0
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Just kidding ;)

Upvote 0
i really love my cupholder car holder. i need my air vents free in this humid swamp called houston and i don't trust window mounts. I do, however, have a popout cupholder in my expedition right beneath my radio, and the only way to make a mount more secure than this (the base twists to expand as tight as you want it, its like a rock) would be to mount it with drills. My evo sits there easily within reach and easy to see navigation while still driving safely. The only way i could see myself ditching it for an 'official' car holder is if they make some sort of HDMI audio out to my stereo possible, which I'm told is just not possible. The 'car dock' mode on the vehicle is very much useless to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones