• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car Dock???

Exception3

Jun 6, 2011
So, recently (since GB update), I have had the "Car dock" app pop up randomly whenever my headphones are plugged in and I have music playing. I recently had my phone replaced (for GPS and random reboot reasons) and this has been happened on both phones. Basically, after I lock my phone, I put it in my bag or my pocket, and sometimes It lights back up and says connecting to Car Dock, and the car dock screen comes up. I have no idea what I'm pressing to make this happen, I've tried to intentionally make it happen but every combination of buttons and screen swipes or wiggling it, nothing happens. I've done a force stop on car dock, but it still restarts. Any idea why this is starting and how I can make it stop. It's honestly just annoying.
Thanks!

So, recently (since GB update), I have had the "Car dock" app pop up randomly whenever my headphones are plugged in and I have music playing. I recently had my phone replaced (for GPS and random reboot reasons) and this has been happened on both phones. Basically, after I lock my phone, I put it in my bag or my pocket, and sometimes It lights back up and says connecting to Car Dock, and the car dock screen comes up. I have no idea what I'm pressing to make this happen, I've tried to intentionally make it happen but every combination of buttons and screen swipes or wiggling it, nothing happens. I've done a force stop on car dock, but it still restarts. Any idea why this is starting and how I can make it stop. It's honestly just annoying.
Thanks!

The car dock app is activated by a magnet. Is it possible that your bag or pocket has a magnetic object in close proximity to your DX?

Upvote 0
The car dock app is activated by a magnet. Is it possible that your bag or pocket has a magnetic object in close proximity to your DX?

Yes, my bag does have a magnet closure right above the pocket my phone goes into. That makes perfect sense now. I suppose there's nothing I can do about it except cut open my bag to remove the magnets, or just deal with it. Thanks, I don't feel like I'm going crazy now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones