1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Car dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wynand32, Sep 16, 2011.

1. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Okay, so, I've been loving my Motorola Photon, and was promising myself that I'd not jones for the SGSII given my experiences with my Epic 4G. Now, however, everybody seems to love this freaking phone, and I've been impressed with TouchWiz on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 my wife managed to get her hands on. So, I'm back in the camp of wondering whether or not the ET4G is worth a shot--maybe Samsung has changed their updating ways (although the Epic 4G _still_ doesn't have Gingerbread), maybe they've fixed their radio issues, maybe GPS will work consistently, etc.

Thing is, my wife needs a new phone and a new line (she's still rocking her non-data plan Treo 650, which is simply dying), and so I have the opportunity to get the ET4G. She'd love the Photon, particularly the great call quality and such, and so I pretty much have free reign on what I get right now. I also have my own (last) Premier Gold upgrade in January, so I could sell the ET4G and get whatever's coming next.

Bottom line is, one thing I won't do without is the Photon's outstanding car dock. It works great, with awesome audio (including none of the interference I experienced with the Epic's dock) and allows four custom apps. My experience with the Epic's dock was very underwhelming--horrible hiss when audio isn't playing, so there's the constant battle to turn down volume when audio pauses, and there's no way to customize the dock app so running non-configured apps is a pain.

My question is, then: has anyone seen anything on the car dock and app for the ET4G? If it solves the problems with the Epic's, then I might just pull the trigger on the ET4G in spite of how much I like the Photon. After all, my wife and I will be buying a new smartphone in the next month or so regardless...

Advertisement

2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    My understanding that the car dock will not be in store until 9/30.

3. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Hmm, okay, thanks. That definitely pushes my decision off a bit. I would NOT want the ET4G if the dock app is the same as the Epic's.