1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Car entertainment unit help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Markymark 123454321, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Markymark 123454321

Hi.I I'm new to the website and hope someone can help me. I bought a px5 rvt5549 car entertainment unit. I fitted it today and all works fine apart from the radio, I checked all the antenna wires and all seem ok but cannot get any stations. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anarchy 2021 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it this unit you've got? For Opel Mokka or Buick Encore.
    https://www.witson.com/displayproduct.html?id=2698187724260800

What actually happens with the radio? is it scanning and not finding any stations? Is it making any sound at all, like hiss? If you want DAB radio, I think that's an optional extra unit.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Markymark 123454321

It's the one in the first picture, you can hear it hissing and tries to found radio stations but finds nothing

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So if the antenna is definitely connected, that sounds like it could be faulty then, and repair or replacement is required. I presume it's under warranty. Also just to be sure, is the FM band set correctly, should be 87.5 to 108MHz I think. Because I have seen some devices that have Japan FM mode selected.

#4 mikedt, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Anarchy 2021 likes this.
  5. ozonetrooper

ozonetrooper Well-Known Member

Soo, this relies on a hot spot for reception ?

6. Markymark 123454321

Yes 87.5 to 108mhz been intouch with seller and have told him what's wrong and now waiting for a reply

7. Markymark 123454321

This is the response I got off him.Hello, Look on our block, There will be a yellow wire a blank space and a green wire, The blank space follow through when both blocks are connected, The wire on the cars side needs 12 v, All the stations will work then, Many thanks, Does anyone understand what he's talking about

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I know car head units usually have two 12V lines. One that is permanently connected to 12V for backup, and other connected to the accessory position, so the unit comes on when the ignition key inserted and turned to the first position.

Is that what they're referring to? Is there a copy of the installation manual you could post, might give me a better idea, as I don't know this unit at all.

9. Markymark 123454321

Yeah I think that's what he means, Sorry I dont have instructions. I did ask asked about fitting instructions but he said they dont sent them out as the job should be done by a professional

10. Markymark 123454321

Will the antenna need power

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could be the car's radio antenna has an RF pre-amplifier that needs power? Think an Opel or Buick dealer would have to answer that. Although if the head unit was specifically made for this GM car, that should have been taken care of. Have you checked the car's fuse box, make sure nothing is blown?

Of course I don't know anything about modern GM cars. The last GM I had was a 1978 Chevette. :D Changing the radio/cassette on that was easy.

#11 mikedt, Feb 8, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  12. ozonetrooper

Red wire needs to be connected to constant hot (+)

Yellow wire needs to be connected to a "switched" hot (+), ie: ignition/accessory position on key switch.

I installed a power antenna once and it needed the blue wire as a "trigger", it sent 12 volts to the power side of the antenna when the head unit is powered up and retracts the antenna when the unit is shut off.

The blue wire will also power up the "on" mode for an external amp or other accessories, ie: active crossover or equalizer.

Note: the (blue) accessory trigger is not for a constant hot, it does not carry enough amp capacity to run as a constant positive lead.

Did you try googling the manual ?

13. Anarchy 2021

Anarchy 2021 Newbie

Check the wires if they are properly connected if it didnt worked tell to the seller that he sold it to u it didnt worked made in china not original can u replace it to me? if he say yes he will replace it, if not tell him why and thats not good way to treat ur customers from the end!

14. Markymark 123454321

Havnt had time to have a look again but last time I looked everything look connected ok. Can anyone tell me how to connect the wires for the antenna. I can connect my phone to it, but finding it hard to use my phone as a hotspot so the head unit can use my wifi if you know what I mean. Plus every time I open my door the car displays on the screen says that the left door is open and not the right door instead

15. ozonetrooper

As above, the antenna should have a "trigger wire" (switched hot) and a ground wire, just ground to any metal part of the car.