• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Car holder

Has anyone found a decent car holder for the Desire-Z?

I have one for the Hero which attaches to the windscreen with a sucker and has a goose neck to a custom clip which the Hero fits into and therefore allows me to use the Hero as a car satnav. I can't see anything similar for the Desire-Z.

There are some "universal" holders advertised as being compatible but I am a little wary of anything that claims to be universal in that my previous experience of universal things is that they fit everything badly.

I use a mount called the Bracketron. Bracketron Grip-it Universal GPS Vent Mount - Sears | Sears Canada

It clips on to the air vent on your car. Note that you will need to make some custom modifications. The unit as is does not grip hard enough. I cut slots in the grips so that they support the phone from the front enough to prevent it from falling out when I accelerate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones