• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CAr Home not working anymore... ROM related?

heyjoojoo

Jan 23, 2010
I'm using the Nonsensikal ROM now and noticed that Car Home doesnt work anymore. I've installed twice and the app's shortcut is nowhere to be found and under applications, the 'open' button is grayed out. Only 'uninstall' is avalable. Not sure what the dealio is...

The new car home is made to be launched by placing it in a dock(nexus one and droid only) or by syncing with a bluetooth device. If you want to launch it manually you can add it via "shortcuts" to your home screen. I thought it would be a problem at first as well, but actually prefer turning it on with bluetooth sync.(now if only my bluetooth would work)

Upvote 0
The new car home is made to be launched by placing it in a dock(nexus one and droid only) or by syncing with a bluetooth device. If you want to launch it manually you can add it via "shortcuts" to your home screen. I thought it would be a problem at first as well, but actually prefer turning it on with bluetooth sync.(now if only my bluetooth would work)

Oh. I had it working before when I used the KaosFroyo ROM. Seems to me that that may be the reason it's not working now with the Nonsensikal ROM. No?

Upvote 0
It's not the ROM it's the version of the App you're using. Nonsenikal dropped the old versions of a lot of google apps, so you can run the newest market versions. The new version of car mode doesn't show up in the dock, but you can add it to your home screen. It's 100 time nicer too, IMO, because you can now add apps and buttons to it, so you're not stuck with the same 6 links.

Upvote 0
It's not the ROM it's the version of the App you're using. Nonsenikal dropped the old versions of a lot of google apps, so you can run the newest market versions. The new version of car mode doesn't show up in the dock, but you can add it to your home screen. It's 100 time nicer too, IMO, because you can now add apps and buttons to it, so you're not stuck with the same 6 links.

So where do I get the newest version?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones