• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Home Replacement

austink

Nov 6, 2009
Is there an app to replace the "Car Home" program that automatically opens when the Motorola Droid is placed in the car dock? It is bad enough that this screen comes up everytime you dock the phone in the car, but it is even more annoying that the "home" button is hijacked so that anytime you press it from any other program it takes you back to the "Car Home" instead of the main home.

I would love to have an App that would allow you to designate a different program to open when in the dock, such as Quick Dial. However, even a program that just turns it off would be great.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

Is there an app to replace the "Car Home" program that automatically opens when the Motorola Droid is placed in the car dock? It is bad enough that this screen comes up everytime you dock the phone in the car, but it is even more annoying that the "home" button is hijacked so that anytime you press it from any other program it takes you back to the "Car Home" instead of the main home.

I would love to have an App that would allow you to designate a different program to open when in the dock, such as Quick Dial. However, even a program that just turns it off would be great.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

root your phone, remove the car dock apk?

i thinks that's how it's done atm... i'm holding off on rooting till cyanogen or something cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones