• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Kits

wakela

Aug 9, 2009
Any recommendations for car kits?

I have an HTC Magic/Mytouch (they're the same,right?).

My first priority is to listen to podcasts in the car, but I might as well be able to talk on the phone, too. Also, I want to make sure that I can plug my phone in and have in charge while driving.

Hi. This is what I use. You need to have an aux in in the car (sometimes they call this an mp3 in). Then you can listen to your music or whatever through the car system and the phone also. Auto answer, music cuts out for a second when notifications come in etc.

The only thing which is not great is that the mic for the phone is in the thingie which plugs in a power socket so if is often far from you, however I bought an extension do its passable now.

LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit - K33428US - Kensington

Upvote 0
Thanks, bgoody. Unfortunately, my power socket is totally buried, and I don't think I have an aux in. But it's good to know that these are things I need to check.

Depending on the car you should be able to get a lead/harness that piggy backs the ISO stereo connection to use your car stereo for the handsfree.

I'm looking for a car kit for my HTC Tattoo and like the PArrot MKi9000. I know you can charge an ipod/iphone from this, not sure whether it would work for the Tattoo

ipod connector to mini usb patch lead?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones