• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car Locator app doesn't work

You're welcome. I felt bad having to say it lol. I found out when I couldn't look around properly with google sky map. After researching it, the Centura doesn't have a compass in it but I read something about having to have gps on to use compass applications... but that still didnt make google sky map work for me.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. I felt bad having to say it lol. I found out when I couldn't look around properly with google sky map. After researching it, the Centura doesn't have a compass in it but I read something about having to have gps on to use compass applications... but that still didnt make google sky map work for me.

I don't know about that. I just ran Google Sky on my Centura. Turning the phone did turn the map, but it was very laggy/shakey on the Centura, more so than my Samsung Infuse.

Upvote 0
You can check the specs for yourself. I didnt want to believe they skimped on a compass either lol. Google sky will look up and down but not left and right unless you have gps on and walk in big circles. If you have a phone that does have a compass, you can easily see the difference.

I just sat here and tested it myself before posting that. Turning the phone left and right did work, but as I said it was very shakey/laggy. I'm not denying that it doesn't have a compass.

Upvote 0
It just appears to work. I aint trying to nit pick, but it moves up and down but not left and right. Just barely here and there... the laggy jerking makes it look like it may be moving. Just find a point of reference, like North, then do a 180 degree turn. It still shows practically North. It works, but not correctly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones