1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Car Mode not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JC13, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

Has anyone found an app to replace Car Home (until google updates the app to be supported) that will keep the screen on while playing music? I have tried a few other highly rated car dock apps, however none keep the screen on while playing music. I got Car Home Ultra to keep the dock screen on, but once you hit the icon to go into music it will turn the screen off at its designated time.

This makes me think that there is no car mode in ICS yet, as all the car dock apps don't have any mode to trigger. I plan on using NFC Task to get my phone to go into car mode automatically, etc so that it is somewhat like my OG Droid which used a magnet instead of NFC.

Thanks for your help in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

anyone else care about this situation? I can't be the only one coming from the OG Droid who is upset about the Car Home app not working or a Car Mode to keep the phone from shutting off.

3. litrekid

litrekid Member

check out screeble in the market

JC13 likes this.
  4. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

Awesome! It seems to work! This will be perfect until the car mode's are working as I'll just have the NFC task launch this program when I put it in the dock. Thanks again!

If anyone has found a car mode app to work properly, please let everyone know too as Screeble is more of a short term fix in my opinion.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews