• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car mode popping up randomly. Have searched extensively.

Eman2289

Lurker
Dec 2, 2010
Hey all, this problem is with a Thunderbolt. I have a rooted evo, so i am pretty familiar with the workings of these phones, but I can not figure this out for the life of me. Thanks in advance for the help.

Htc Thunderbolt
Android 2.3.4
NOT Rooted (Not my phone, so i don't want to root it)

Phone not plugged in or on dock. Car mode randomly pops up when trying to use the phone for any function, internet, texting, etc. It has become quite annoying and i am trying to get this problem solved.

I have google searched and also searched the forums, and come up with nothing useful. I have found apps that supposedly work, but do not. I cant find a setting to stop this from launching.

I know that if i root and use the paid version of Ti, I could just freeze the app, but like i said, it is not my phone and she is not familiar with rooting or the workings of it. So if anyone has any ideas about how to fix this, please chime in. Thank You again!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones