1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Car mode, speaker phone, and media sounds problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JA1234, Sep 4, 2011.

1. JA1234

JA1234 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Tracking
    middle TN
    I tried searching but everything I find doesn't come back to a Dinc2 problem...EVO.... For some reason my phone has started entering car dock mode on its on... It is no where near a charger much less a car dock. Also my Speaker phone activates automatically when placing or receiving call... flip to activate is disabled... and I lose media sounds when this is all going on. when it is acting right media sounds are fine.... Verizon is NO help... I have removed every app I have installed and still cant figure it out... Any help would be much appreciate

Advertisement

2. The Nooner

The Nooner Member
    None

Feb 23, 2010
    Stab in the dark... Did you just get a new case that has a magnet in it? Or have something magnetic near it when this happens?

3. JA1234

JA1234 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Tracking
    middle TN
    not at all. I was in Northern Ontario with no service the first time car mode popped up
    even

4. drs723

drs723 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I am currently having this SAME EXACT issue. Has anyone been able to or heard of a fix for this issue?

5. banskorp

banskorp Lurker
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    My phone recently started doing the same thing. No idea what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

6. CharlaineC

CharlaineC Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm having the same issue and my phone is only 3 days old. i was told yo go into the SD card and delete everything in the sd:/android/data> folder that started with com.android and Google.
    Had to format the SD card to delete some stuff as some files had names way to long to delete. went to bed after doing this woke up the phone in car mode. ugg

7. rogerc49erfan

rogerc49erfan Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Having the same problem with my phone. I called Verizon and they did a factory reset, but it didn't help. They are sending me a new phone. Did your phones ever get fixed, or did you just get new ones?

8. Karmela

Karmela Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2012
    I'm having the same issue and Verizon basically told me to get a new phone. I factory reset my phone and was fine for couple hrs and now started acting up again. Please help!