• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car mount - anyone tried this ?

Yeah, I've got one - works really well. Holds the phone solidly, and charges it even while the GPS is running with BT and WiFi activated (o.k. WiFi cos I couldn't be bothered to disable it, not much use in the car).

If I had any complaint it'd be that the swivel could be stiffer but that could easily be something I could tighten if it bothered me that much.

Upvote 0
Brodit have their own mounts - the main one being the "Pro Clip" which is tailored to your car (i.e. you buy the one for your model of car). All their mounts then attach in a standard way to the clip.

The idea of the Pro Clip is that it attaches to your dash without the need to drill or put screws in, handy if you're worried about the resale value of the car. Mine (Toyota Celica) fits between two sections of the dash-board between the steering-wheel and the radio.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones