1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Car stereo does not recognize S7 when I plug it in via USB to play music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reigninslayer, Mar 10, 2016.

1. reigninslayer

reigninslayer Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    When I plug in my S7 to my car stereo via USB the display on my car stereo say "check device". I've tried each of the three options that come up on my phone (I don't remember the descriptions) when I plug it in via USB and nothing seems to work. Suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Male
    Software engineer (retired)
    California, USA
    What model and year is your car? My 2011 Infiniti's USB port only recognizes iPhones and thumb drives, which is probably typical for cars that age. No doubt my next car will be smarter. ;)

3. reigninslayer

reigninslayer Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    2013 Nissan Xterra. My iPhone 6+ worked fine.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Blame certain vehicle manufacturers I think.
    [​IMG]

5. Ricardino

Ricardino Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2016
    Male
    I had this problem with my pioneer car stereo until I found that pioneer makes an android app that fixes this.

6. jmatteis

jmatteis Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2009
    SW Ontario, Canada
    Which app is this? I previously used a Pioneer app on my S5 that changed nothing, but curious if there is one that works with Pioneer Appradios?

7. jmatteis

jmatteis Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2009
    SW Ontario, Canada
    I think it's only on some of the newest vehicles that Android Auto works. iPhone reign supreme with manufacturers and they all bought into it.
    Which app is this? I previously used a Pioneer app on my S5 that changed nothing, but curious if there is one that works with Pioneer Appradios?

8. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Software engineer - Android, .Net
    My 2014 Subaru Forester does not recognize my Samsung S7 or S5, but it does recognize my iPod Classic and iPod Nano.

I'm an Android developer and a problem I have to deal with literally every day in my job is that even though Android has 85% of the market the problem with Android is that it's so fragmented that there's no unifying standard OEMs can aim for when trying to accommodate Android devices.

The "good" news for Android is that Apple's big advantage of being more standardized is going away now that they're switching everything over to their "Lightning" port from their previous 30 pin dock connector. It's bizarre: in the midst of losing market share to Android, Apple, on purpose, is getting rid of one of their few remaining advantages over Android. Jobs must be spinning in his grave.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.