• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Car stereo HTC USB problem

I just purchased a new bluetooth car stereo (Pioneer DEH-6250BT)
The HTC bluetooth works fine but it doesn't accept my HTC Desire via USB as it looks like it only accepts iphones.
Saying that i can play music from my USB stick no problem.

Is there anyway i can get around this problem without buying an ipod for music ?

(did a search but didnt really find anything)

I just purchased a new bluetooth car stereo (Pioneer DEH-6250BT)
The HTC bluetooth works fine but it doesn't accept my HTC Desire via USB as it looks like it only accepts iphones.
Saying that i can play music from my USB stick no problem.

Is there anyway i can get around this problem without buying an ipod for music ?

(did a search but didnt really find anything)
Similar problem in my Chevy with my Captivate.

Upvote 0
Mount it as a removable drive maybe?

Tried that but no good.
I found out i can connect the Phone via the phone jack input instead and then select AUX on the stereo.
Works but can't control the music tracks etc from the stereo only via the phone.

Since then i found out i can upload albums/ playlists to a USB stick and run them from the stereo..... just as good as the ipod so won't bother with the phone. :)

Upvote 0
I have a similar pioneer unit and it does work. but there are a couple of points to note.

When you plug the desire in the pioneer immediately switches to usb and tries to connect. Sometimes the Desire takes so long to mount the USB that the pioneer gives up. Once it gives up it will not try again until you unplug and plug in again.
The best solution is to switch the pioneer away from USB. Switch the Desire to mount USB mode (if not on automatic) wait for it to finish mounting then switch the Pioneer to USB and because the Desire is now ready it connects straight away.
I used to have this problem with my hero as well. When I got the desire it was much better until the last couple of weeks when it has started happening again. I think I have added more to SD card ( 8gig class 6 half full) and that has slowed it down.
Generally I also use a 16Gb usb stick for music which is flawless. I use the Desire mainly for Pod casts.

Reactions: bighorse
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones