1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Accessories Carbon Fiber Skins...anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Nov 12, 2010.

1. IgnatiusTheKing

IgnatiusTheKing Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Creative print & web designer
    das Fort
    Has anyone picked up one of these (the pre-made one for $25)? If so, how's the quality?

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. wtam1100

wtam1100 Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Looks sweet but $25 is a lot.

3. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    I really like it... But I got it when it was 50% off several months ago. Lately the back is still very intact but the edges are coming off due to sweat I guess of holding the phone to long or something like that. Ofcourse the skin provides no protection at all but the back looks sick! anybody who i have shown it to are always in shock (**** there little iphones) ..

at the end if you really want to keep the phone naked get the skin! it looks awesome or get a otter case or something ...i just ordered the defender.

IgnatiusTheKing likes this.
  4. IgnatiusTheKing

IgnatiusTheKing Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Creative print & web designer
    das Fort
    For $25 you get a new door pre-skinned. You can get the skin by itself (do-it-yourself) for $5.

I found the "Good and EVO" blog that has more pictures of it...the white looks pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Miami, FL
    Just ordered a black one. Hope it fits with the new defender I ordered.

6. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Yea no reason to get the pre made that's ridiculously priced stupid. you can do it yourself in 5 mins.

7. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Miami, FL
    Well knowing my butter fingers I chose the pre made. I'm not taking any chances.

8. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Miami, FL
    I ordered one a week ago but other than being charged I haven't received anything else. Anyone have any experience with this guy? I'd like to know in case I need to cancel the charge.

9. teknagen

teknagen Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Socal OC
    wow $25 for just the backcover?

I got mines during summer from phantomskinz for $20 which has pieces on all sides of the phone with 2 screen protectors.

I'm not sure if they give you 2 screen protectors anymore. But you can still get it for 20$ at Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Evo 4G- Colored Protection Film use coupon code winter30 for 30% off order.

The skin was waste of money since I have a phone case :thinking: the 2 screen protector made it worth it to me for $20.

10. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Miami, FL
    Well the $25 is for a an actual oem cover with the carbon fiber already applied. The carbon fiber vinyl ready for do it yourself is only $5.

11. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Nissan Technician
    Near ATL, GA
    I got the DIY from this guy, he is legit man...dont worry. He is memeber over a XDA, thats where I ordered from him. He also helped out the guy who made the clear battery cover. This guy just bought a LOT of them so they couldl meet quota and get the clear doors made. I ordered a clear battery door and the DIY carbon fiber( $15 for both for a very short time). Shipping was quick and product is great! My carbon fiber door still look new, just like the day I stuck it on and trimmed it up.

Tags: