• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Card not valid on Amazon

Tyson Foulger

Mar 26, 2018
I've tried many MANY times to checkout on Amazon with my debit card and it keeps saying that card number is not valid! I know I put in I correctly. There is no option to choose between Debit or Credit, just says Credit.

Another problem is my name is not on the card, just my signature on the back, so I don't know what way to put my name in the "Name on card" field. Such as..
First Last
First Middle Last
Last First
Last middle First

Mr. First
Mr. First Last
Mr. Last First
etc.

Anyway, you get the point.

amazon.jpg

If your debit card doesn't have a credit card carrier associated with it it may not work. My bank debit card has a Mastercard logo on it but it's not a credit card. I can use it as a debit card with a PIN or as credit card without PIN but it comes right out of my account either way, it's not a credit card. If your card is from Frank's Bank and doesn't have any other info on it then it's not going to work.

From Amazon's site:

The following credit and debit cards can be used as payment:

• Visa (including the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card )
  • Amazon.com Store Card
  • MasterCard/EuroCard
  • Discover Network
  • American Express
  • Diner's Club (U.S. billing addresses only)
  • JCB
  • NYCE
  • STAR
  • China UnionPay (credit card only)
  • Visa, MasterCard, or American Express pre-paid credit or gift cards

Upvote 0
I've tried many MANY times to checkout on Amazon with my debit card and it keeps saying that card number is not valid! I know I put in I correctly. There is no option to choose between Debit or Credit, just says Credit.

Another problem is my name is not on the card, just my signature on the back, so I don't know what way to put my name in the "Name on card" field. Such as..
First Last
First Middle Last
Last First
Last middle First

View attachment 137503

No name. Is it a pre-paid credit card? Who's the issuer? Because AFAIK cards issued by banks always have the cardholder's name stamped on the front.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones